Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Louisville Cardinals Betting
- Updated: February 10, 2015
The 16-8 Pittsburgh Panther head into the KFC YUM Center February 11, 2015 to take on the 19-4 Louisville Cardinals; tip off time is 8:00PM EST.
Point Spread: Louisville -13.5
Over/Under Total: OFF
Pittsburgh is heading into Louisville on a 3 game winning streak with wins against Syracuse, Bryant and Notre Dame covering the spread in all three of the game with the most impressive victory being the 76-72 decision over Notre Dame as a 3-point home dog.
Louisville has won 4 of its last 5 games covering the posted line in four of the five. The Cardinals are coming off a 52-47 road loss to Virginia after stringing together a nice 4 game win streak, but they did play the Cavaliers tough covering the 7-point line.
The Panthers are scoring an average of only 68.5 points per game this season, but have allowed their opponents 65 points against for a differential of 3.5 points per game. The Cardinals are putting up an average of 72 points on the offensive side of the court and their defense has been strong holding their opponents to a mere 58.5 for an impressive differential of 13.5.
Both teams are equally talented on the offensive boards averaging 13 apiece, while defensively Notre Dame has the edge averaging 26.2 rebounds while Pittsburgh is grabbing 21.4 per game. The Cardinals have a much better showing behind the arc averaging 6 per game while the Panthers trail in that area shooting an average of 4.6 per game.
The last time these two met was in January of this year when Louisville went into Pittsburgh and handed the home squad a 80-68 whopping with Louisville easily covering the posted spread of 6-points. In the last 10 games these two have met the Cardinals hold the edge winning seven of the ten games straight up but against the spread they are an even 5-5.
• Panthers are 16-34-3 ATS in their last 53 games following a S.U. win.
• Panthers are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
• Panthers are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games overall.
• Panthers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 road games following three or more consecutive home games.
• Panthers are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
• Panthers are 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS win.
• Panthers are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.
• Panthers are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
• Cardinals are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
• Cardinals are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Cardinals are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
• Cardinals are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Atlantic Coast.
• Cardinals are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games following a S.U. loss.
• Cardinals are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 home games.
• Cardinals are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
• Cardinals are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Durand Johnson Out For Season (disciplinary)
Cameron Wright Day-to-Day (ankle)
No Injuries to report.
Free ATS Pick
Sure the Cardinals took care of business in Pittsburgh earlier this season with an easy 12 point win. The Panthers shot a putrid 37.3% in that game and yes those numbers are more of the norm for Louisville’s opponents this season, but the 65.2% they allowed from the floor to the Cards is not. The Cardinals do get the job done against inferior competition with losses only to top flight teams, but they rarely extend the margin into double digits versus conference foes.