NCAAB Prediction – Stanford Cardinal at Colorado Buffaloes Betting Pick
- Updated: February 15, 2015
The 16-8 Stanford Cardinal travel to the Coors Event Center to take on the 11-12 Colorado Buffaloes in college basketball action on February 15th. Tip off for the game is 4:00 PM ET.
Point Spread: Stanford -1
Over/Under Total: 136.5
In their latest game Stanford was badly outplayed losing 75-59 to Utah as a 10.5 point underdog. The Combined 134 points matched the total line making any over/under wager a non-bet resulting in a refund. The loss was the third in the last four games for the Cardinal and the 4th straight point spread loss for their backers. On the season Stanford is 16-8 straight up and 11-12-1 against the betting line.
The last time Colorado hit the hard court resulted in a 68-61 loss to California for their third consecutive loss. The Buffaloes were a 7 point favorite in the game making it their third straight game not covering the spread. Overall Colorado is 11-12 SU and 10-12-1 versus the betting line.
The last time these two teams net was back in early March of last year when the Buffaloes got the road win bating the Cardinal 59-56 as a 9 point underdog. The win and the cover were the third straight by Colorado in this series. Overall in seven games these two have played Stanford won the first four covering three for a 4-3 edge in wins but trail Colorado in ATS with a 3-4 mark. The total has a very strong under trend with three consecutive games going under the closing total and six of the seven games overall falling short of the over/under line.
Stanford has averaged 74.2 point per game this season while allowing their opponents 67.1 PPG for a plus margin of 7.1 points. Colorado has marginally outscored their opponents putting up 67.5 PPG to 65.0 by their competition. From the field the visitor holds an edge with a Field Goal shooting percentage of 44.4 compared with the Buffaloes 43.6% and 3-point shooting sinking 7.3 per game versus the home squads 5.7.
• Cardinal are 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
• Cardinal are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Sunday games.
• Cardinal are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
• Cardinal are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 vs. Pacific-12.
• Buffaloes are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
• Buffaloes are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 Sunday games.
• Buffaloes are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
• Buffaloes are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 vs. Pacific-12.
• Buffaloes are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. loss.
• Buffaloes are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
• Buffaloes are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
Stanford Grant Verhoeven Questionable Hip
Roscoe Allen Out Back
Free Total Pick
I’m not much of a trend follower. In fact if anything I would look to buck any match-up trends. Not in this situation though. Offensively the Buffaloes need Xavier Johnson to be at his best and that just hasn’t been the case since he returned from an ankle injury 4 games back. They’ve put up and average of 57 points per game over their last three and I expect the scoring number to once again be in that range today. That combined with the stingy defensive home scoring average of 61.4 points has me taking a position on the under.