Iowa State Cyclones vs Oklahoma Sooners Betting
- Updated: February 9, 2015
Tonight in NCAAB action the 17-5 Iowa State Cyclones take on the 16-7 Oklahoma Sooners at Lloyd Noble Center; tip off time is 9:00 PM EST.
Point Spread: Oklahoma -6
Total O/U: 148
Iowa State has won 3 of its last 5 games with wins against Texas Tech, TCU at home and Texas on the road. In their last game on February 7th versus Texas Tech the home favorite Cyclones completely slaughtered the Red Raiders 75-38 covering the massive spread of -16.5 and easily sending Iowa State backers to the ticket window.
Oklahoma has won 4 consecutive games getting the W against West Virginia, Texas Tech at home and Oklahoma State and TCU on the road. In their most recent game on Saturday the Sooners putting it to the Horned Frogs 68-56 getting the home win and covering the closing spread of -3.
Offensively Iowa State is scoring an average of 79.9 PPG while only allowing 68.1 from their opponents for a differential of 11. Oklahoma are scoring fewer points with an average of 72.2 but keeping their opponents on average to just 60.1 points per game which is also a differential of 11 points overall. If you are looking to lay some of your bankroll on the point spread, neither of these teams have been a sure bet as Iowa State is a mere 10-9 ATS while Oklahoma is fairing a little better at 13-8 against the spread.
These two teams haven’t played since last year when they split the season series 1-1. Each team won their home game with Oklahoma winning 87-82 in the first match barely getting the cover as a 4.5 point favorite. In the rematch last season Iowa State won 81-75 as a 7-point betting favorite giving the Sooners the ATS sweep. In the last 10 games these two teams have played they have each won 5 with Oklahoma covering the posted line 6-4 times and the game score has gone over the closing total line 7 out of 3 times.
• Cyclones are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
• Cyclones are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games.
• Cyclones are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
• Cyclones are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
• Cyclones are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing less than 50 points in their previous game.
• Sooners are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
• Sooners are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. Big 12.
• Sooners are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Sooners are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Monday games.
• Sooners are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 home games.
• Sooners are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
Neither team is posting any injuries for this game.
Oklahoma State 85.91
Free Total Pick
I’m going to buck the historical trend to the over in this series and take a position on the under. The Sooner’s defense has been out of this world in recent games holding their opposition to a combined 200 points in their last 4 games for an average of 50 points per game. That number alone in Big 12 play is exceptional, but when you add in that they held every opponent to 56 points or fewer and a minimum of 13.2 points under their team season scoring average.
If you’re interested in more free college basketball picks from Rich Crew and other handicappers check out Sports Betting Stats.